Wednesday, 07 March 2018

Strength & Conditioning

3 rounds of:
6 Pull-ups
6 squat snatches (75/53)

Then, 3 rounds of:
7 Pull-ups
5 squat snatches (115/73)

Then 3 rounds of:
8 Pull-ups
4 squat snatches (135/93)

Then 2 rounds of:
9 Pull-ups
3 squat snatches (165/103)

Then 2 rounds of:
10 Pull-ups
2 squat snatches (195/123)

Then 2 rounds of:
11 Pull-ups
1 squat snatch (225/143)

For Time

30:00 cap

Sink Mobilization – 2:00

Couch Stretch – 1:30/side

Spine Smash – 2:00

Royal Huddleston Burpee Challenge:

Day 32

Post time and experiences to comments

1. Jaime says:

Cool pics. Glad I shaved my armpits

2. RhondaMomma says:

28:39 ish..
    Mod w/ Jumping PLU and a mix of Snatch/Squat Snatch/Snatch then OHS.
    At least I know I can do a 70# Snatch. Last year I got stuck in 17.3 at 75# so I think I could handle it this year.

3. liliana says:

29:42 mod jump pull on 24. I did 1 of each round until I got to the 10 round. Then I realized I was supposed to be doing multiple rounds each time. So I lost some time having to go back and catch up

4. darrenandtara says:

Squat snatch @ 75-105-125
    Split snatch @ 135-145-155
    Got better today on both lifts. Need to keep pushing to the ceiling on lockout.
    Liked this rep scheme.

5. Kirby says:

If you’re doing the open… protect your hands. I did not, fail.

I did PLU all the way until 5 PLU out of 10 on the first set of 10. Then they I went to ring rows.

Squat snatch at: 33-48-57-65-75-79#. Then for fun did one at 83# (97%) without my belt, surprisingly didn’t fail.
    Total time: 26:30.

NTSF – wear thumb tape you idiot.

6. schumer says:

30:00 cap
    Through plu of last round

7. Daniel says:

Capped after the first round of 10 pull ups (no squat snatch that round) 45, 70, 90, 105#, all pull ups rx

8. Pinky says:

30:38. Started at 33 and ended at 78. Was getting ready to lift 88 at cap.
    Took this one slowly to protect my hands, work on PLU form, and work on snatch form.

Stayed after class and worked snatch with Sarah and ended up working up to a new 1RM at 103! I am excited because this wasn’t a PR, but only the second time I’ve gotten over 100#. First time since having Emory I felt a little fire lit under me and wanted to stay and work on something

9. Norka says:

Cap at 1st snatch of last 2rounds
    Ring rows instead of PLU
    22-33-43-53-58 #

10. sflynn says:

Lacked 1 snatch on second round of 3 snatches at cap.
    My weights 40/55/70/80
    Ring rows instead of PLU
    Continued lifting after cap. Hit 88# in a full squat. All squat snatches felt great tonight.
    I’m finally learning not to kill myself at every WOD. Went slow on this one and focused on form.
    Really great WOD for that!!